On this day, March 17th, 2023, the world observes World Sleep Day. Just as the World Sleep Day Committee, which instituted this yearly occasion, and the National Sleep Foundation, which observes Sleep Awareness Week (culminating on March 18), Samsung is also spreading awareness about the significance of sound sleep.
The fact that we spend approximately one-third of our lives sleeping is not a coincidence; it is essential for our bodies and minds to recover, and a lack of sleep can reduce our cognitive and physical performance. However, for many people, getting good quality sleep has become increasingly challenging in recent years.
A study by Samsung, published last year, revealed that the pandemic has impacted people’s sleep patterns, making it harder for them to get quality sleep. However, Samsung’s Health platform and smartwatches offer a solution to this problem. By using sleep tracking and Sleep Coaching, Samsung enables users to understand their sleep patterns and improve the quality of their sleep.
To accomplish this goal the Sleep Coaching feature utilizes an individualized, month-long program that tracks the user’s sleep pattern for seven days via the Watch, after which it assigns adorable animal symbols representing the user’s sleep pattern. Some of these symbols include:
- Unconcerned Lion: Sleeps for an average of 10-15 hours a day.
- Sensitive Hedgehog: Active at night and watchful.
- Nervous Penguin: Sleeps sporadically only for 3.5 hours a day, and they’re always nervous.
- Sun Averse Mole: Sleeps about 8 hours on average, similar to humans. They’re nocturnal.
- Cautious Deer: Sleeps less than 10 minutes. They run away when they feel they might be in danger.
- Easygoing Walrus: They can stay awake for 84 hours and sleep for up to 19 hours at a time.
- Alligator on the Hunt: A nocturnal animal. They can sleep with one eye closed as if winking.
- Exhausted Shark: Rarely sleeps. Always awake as they can’t breathe if they stop moving.
Following this, Sleep Coaching sets you on a course to establish better habits and routines, enabling you to consistently achieve a restful night’s sleep. It monitors your daily activities and offers advice and guidance on managing them in various ways, such as exercise, nutrition, mindfulness, and wellness monitoring.
By gaining a deeper insight into your sleep patterns, you can develop healthy habits that promote better sleep and improve your overall well-being. Samsung is dedicated to improving its distinctive wellness experiences by focusing on sleep-centered solutions. Samsung’s partnership with industry leaders, such as the National Sleep Foundation, is an ongoing effort to realize its comprehensive sleep vision. Through this collaboration, Samsung will offer user-friendly and practical insights that can help everyone achieve their wellness objectives.
Wear OS Watch Faces See all »
CELEST 5110 Analog Watch
CELEST 3100 Digital Watch
CELEST 3200 Smart Watch
CELEST 3000 Digital Watch
CELEST 2310 Dress Watch
CELEST 1610 Analog Watch
CELEST 1710 Analog Watch
CELEST 1300 Vintage Watch
CELEST 2200 Minimalist Watch
CELEST 1100 Minimalist Watch
CELEST 1830 Aviator Watch
CELEST 2110 Minimalist Watch